Friday, September 01, 2006

COME SING WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT!



I have been performing my music presentation in many local venues over the past 20-plus years. They have proved to be quite successfull.....not due to any great singing talent I may have but that success lies in the fact that I am bringing music back that we haven't heard in 50 or 60 years. Old songs like "On the Boardwalk in Atlantic City," "Maybe You'll Be There," "Sentimental Journey," "Walkin' My Baby Back Home," and literally hundreds of the songs we grew up with.

Many of the songs I learned while "Kuser Kat" back in the 1940's are part of the program. Long forgotten school music such as "The Erie Canal," "Pomp and Circumstance," "Long Long Ago," "Tying Apples on a Lilac Tree," "Go in and out the windows," "A Capitol Ship" (for an ocean trip was the walloping window blind. No wind that blew dismayed her crew...." Remember?

No comments: