Saturday, January 03, 2009
1988: KLOCKNER AND KUSER SCHOOLS: TWINS
Klockner school celebrated their centennial in 1988, the date when the township voted for a new school on Klockner Road. The school actually opened in 1909, the same as Kuser School which is now embarking on a 2009 Centennial year celebration. With few minor exceptions, Kuser and Klockner are twins. In fact, Klockner still maintains the little "Boys" and "Girls" foyers on either side of the school. Kuser had the identical construction back in 1909, and Kuser added the present "wings" in order to add rooms. Both schols started out as four room school houses.